Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) is the second most common type of gastric bypass weight loss surgery performed today. It is usually laparoscopic. It is reversible if necessary, but is designed to be permanent. BariatricPalTeamMX’s surgeons are recognized experts in Laproscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery. They’ve performed thousands of Gastric Bypass procedures with the lowest complication rates in Mexico and zero fatalities. You will not find a more experienced Gastric Bypass surgical team - anywhere!
The surgeon first divides your stomach, leaving a smaller upper portion and stitching shut the larger remainder of your stomach so that it can’t be used any more. Normally, food in your stomach empties to the upper portion of the small intestine. In RYGB, the surgeon attaches the small stomach pouch to a place lower down on the small intestine, thus “bypassing” the majority of your stomach, the duodenum (upper portion of your small intestine) and at least part of the jejunum (middle portion of your small intestine).
A long-limb RYGB procedure bypasses more of your intestine; in this case, the surgeon attaches your newly formed small stomach pouch to a place even lower on your small intestine. The long-limbed RYGB procedure can lead to faster weight loss because of greater nutrient malabsorption (fewer nutrients absorbed).
Why is the procedure called “Roux-en-Y?” The gastric pouch is called the “roux limb,” and the “Y” shape is formed by the three arms coming together at a junction. The three parts are:
- The small stomach pouch that holds food
- The large stomach pouch that secretes digestive juices
- The far portion of the small intestine that the two portions of the stomach are connected to
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery starting at only $6000
Dr. Jalil IllanBook Dr. Jalil Illan For $6000
Dr. Jaime Ponce De LeonBook Dr. Jaime Ponce For $6500
Advantages of the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass:
- No bands, staples or other foreign objects in your body
- An established procedure with more research on safety and effectiveness than other procedures
- More weight loss in the first year than the gastric sleeve and the adjustable gastric band (lap-band)
- Reversible if necessary (but not easily)
- Can be revised to a longer-limb Roux-en-Y gastric bypass if an initial short-limb procedure does not lead to expected weight loss.
- Quick improvements in your health, especially in your blood sugar control with better insulin resistance, lower blood sugar levels and possible resolution of diabetes
- May be a good choice for individuals with a sweet tooth because sweet foods are not typically tolerated
Weight Loss and the Roux-en-Y (RYGB):
- Rapid weight loss in first 6 to 12 months
- About 65 to 70% of excess weight loss (EWL) within 2 years
- Often more than 100 pounds lost
- The RYGB is restrictive and malapsorptive and it affects your appetite hormones.
- Restrictive: right after surgery, the top portion can hold only about one ounce, or two tablespoons, of food. This forces you to have smaller meals you fill up faste
- Malabsorptive: With RYGB, food doesn’t go into your duodenum, which is where a lot of nutrient absorption usually occurs. Absorbing less protein, fat and carbohydrate leads to fewer calories and faster weight loss
- Hormonal: changes in your hormones after RYGB can decrease hunger
- Ghrelin: a hormone that causes hunger and whose levels decrease after RYGB
- PYY: (neuropeptide YY) a hormone that reduces hunger and whose levels increase after RYGB
- GLP-1: (glucagon-like peptide 1) a hormone that reduces hunger and whose levels increase after RYGB
The cost of bariatric surgery can be a discouraging factor for many patients who would otherwise greatly benefit from treatment. Many patients have found that the cost of expensive surgical procedures can be made affordable on any budget through medical tourism. We aim to make weight loss procedures available to even more patients with bariatric surgery financing and payment plan options. Our team has helped many patients find flexible payment plans and financing that allow them to achieve their weight loss goals. If you have been considering weight loss surgery but have concerns about covering the cost of your care, please contact us for assistance.
If you have been considering weight loss surgery to improve your health and appearance, but you are concerned with associated costs, please contact us to schedule a financing consultation. Our experts will help you find a plan that works well with your budget. Weight loss surgery is a life-saving procedure. Increase your lifespan and enjoy a healthier more productive life. Do not let the access to cash stop you from achieving happiness. Get patient financing now, and enjoy the rest of your life. Click Here To Get Started With Financing Now...
Join us on Facebook
for best tips on how to sustain a healthy weight in your daily life...
© Copyright 2017 BariatricPal MX LLC