Mini-Gastric Bypass Surgery
The Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) bariatric surgery is a restrictive and malapsorptive procedure. It is also called the omega loop weight loss surgery and single anastomosis bypass. The procedure has been around for a while, but it has recently become very popular and suitable for patients that have regained with other weight loss procedures. The MGB may be lower-risk for some patients. BariatricPalTeamMX’s surgeons are recognized experts in Laproscopic Mini Gastric Bypass surgery. They’ve performed thousands of Gastric Bypass procedures with the lowest complication rates in Mexico and zero fatalities. You will not find a more experienced Mini Gastric Bypass surgical team - anywhere! You will not find a more experienced Mini Gastric Bypass surgical team - anywhere!
Mini-Gastric Bypass Surgery starting at only $5700
Dr. Jalil IllanBook Dr. Jalil Illan For $5700
Dr. Jaime Ponce De LeonBook Dr. Jaime Ponce For $6200
The MGB is usually done as a laparoscopic procedure. It is reversible if needed, but the procedure is intended to be permanent. The surgeon begins by forming your stomach into a tube shape instead of its usual J-shape with a large pouch. The tube shape helps restrict your food intake, but it is not as small in the MGB as it is after roux-en-Y gastric bypass. It is about as wide as your esophagus.
Next, the surgeon creates the bilio-pancreatic limb by making a small loop out of the intestine to as the bypass portion of the procedure. The surgeon then staples shut the large portion of the stomach pouch and the part of the small intestine that has been bypassed.
The MGB restricts food intake by making your stomach pouch smaller. It also reduces nutrient absorption because food does not go into the upper part of your small intestine where most nutrient absorption normally takes place. The surgery is also called an omega loop because of the shape of the portion of the small intestine that is bypassed. It looks like the Greek letter “omega.”
Dr. Illan with Dr Robert Rutledge, the surgeon that created the Mini Gastric Bypass procedure
Advantages of the Mini Gastric Bypass:
- The procedure can be performed quickly, in 30 to 60 minutes.
- The surgeon can adjust the procedure. For faster weight loss in higher-weight patients, the surgeon can lengthen the bypass limb. For slower weight loss in lower-weight patients, the surgeon can make the limb shorter
- Has a lower risk for side effects than roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- It may lead to better long-term weight loss than the gastric sleeve.
- May lead to remission of type 2 diabetes
- It has a lower risk for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) than sleeve gastrectomy.
Weight Loss and the Mini Gastric Bypass:
- Rapid weight loss in the first year,
- Long-term effectiveness seems to be good, with many patients keeping off excess weight after five years.
- This was greater than gastric sleeve patients in the same study.
- The mini gastric bypass is restrictive and malapsorptive, and it affects your hunger hormones.
- Restrictive: after surgery, your stomach pouch is only a couple ounces large. It is up to you to keep your portion sizes small so you don’t stretch the pouch.
- Malabsorptive: normally, food passes from your stomach to the top of your small intestine, which is where most digestion and nutrient absorption takes place. The procedure changes your digestive tract so that food goes directly from your stomach to a lower portion of your small intestine. You can lose weight because you won’t be getting all of the calories from protein, carbohydrate, and fat.
- Hormonal: Ghrelin is a hormone that your stomach produces. It causes you to feel hungry.
- Ghrelin: the mini gastric bypass can lead to lower levels of ghrelin so you don’t feel as hungry, but your levels of ghrelin may not stay low for long.
- GLP-1: is glucagon-like peptide-1. It helps reduce food intake, and your levels may increase after MGB.
The cost of bariatric surgery can be a discouraging factor for many patients who would otherwise greatly benefit from treatment. Many patients have found that the cost of expensive surgical procedures can be made affordable on any budget through medical tourism. We aim to make weight loss procedures available to even more patients with bariatric surgery financing and payment plan options. Our team has helped many patients find flexible payment plans and financing that allow them to achieve their weight loss goals. If you have been considering weight loss surgery but have concerns about covering the cost of your care, please contact us for assistance.
If you have been considering weight loss surgery to improve your health and appearance, but you are concerned with associated costs, please contact us to schedule a financing consultation. Our experts will help you find a plan that works well with your budget. Weight loss surgery is a life-saving procedure. Increase your lifespan and enjoy a healthier more productive life. Do not let the access to cash stop you from achieving happiness. Get patient financing now, and enjoy the rest of your life. Click Here To Get Started With Financing Now...
Join us on Facebook
for best tips on how to sustain a healthy weight in your daily life...
© Copyright 2017 BariatricPal MX LLC