Dr. Jalil Illan, Bariatric Surgeon, Oasis Hospital
Dr. Jalil Illan M.D. is one of the top ranked, board-certified weight loss surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico.
He is a recognized expert in laparoscopic surgery who has performed over 5,500 laparoscopic procedures, 4,000 bariatric surgeries and participated in over 9,000 metabolic and bariatric surgical procedures.
Dr. Jalil Illan received his medical degree from Baja California University, College of Medicine where he graduated at the top of his class and was recognized with surgical honors.
*Limits 4 bariatric surgery procedures per day
- He has also completed advanced training in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding and Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Dr. Illan currently serves as Chief of the Emergency Room Surgery at Regional Hospital IMSS #1 (Baja California area).
- On June 27th, 2017 Dr. Illan was admitted as an international member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- On December 5th, 2016 Dr. Illan was voted as one of the BEST Weight Loss Surgeons in Tijuana by his surgical peers!
- Dr. Jalil Illan is known for his expertise in minimally invasive surgery and has earned an international reputation as a top Tijuana bariatric surgeon.
Tijuana, Baja California
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Spanish and English
- Dr. Jalil Illan leads a Top-Rated Mexico Bariatric Surgery Team
- Dr. Illan’s team consists of dedicated and experienced Tijuana bariatric surgeons, anesthesiologists, dietitians, nurses and support staff that pride themselves on superior patient care and long-term weight loss success.
- Operates at Oasis Hospital, a full-service hospital facility
- Provides comprehensive pre and post-op education and aftercare support
- Surgery training under world-renowned surgeon, Dr. Juan Lopez Corvalá, MD and Dr. Jaime Ponce de León
- Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo is currently Chief of the Emergency Room Department of Surgery at Regional Hospital IMSS #1
- Dr. Illan is an internation member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Baja California University College of Medicine
- Residency, General Hospital of Sonora
- Fellowship, Mexico City and Tijuana with Dr. Juan Lopez Corvalá
- Fellowship, Tijuana Mexico with Dr. Jaime Ponce de León
- Fellowship, Sao Paulo Brasil with Dr. Almino Cardoso
- US Fellowship, Fresno Heart and Surgical Hospital, Fresno, California
Advanced Courses & Surgical Training
- Laparoscopic Surgical Techniques
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
- Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Member, American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Member, Hospital Ethics Committee at Regional Hospital IMSS No. 1
- Member, Mexican College for the Surgery of Obesity A. C.
- Member, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Member, Mexican Association of General Surgery
- Member, Latin American Federation of Surgery
- Member, International Society of Surgery
- Member, Tijuana Medical Board
- Member, Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery
January 2013 – current
Member of Hospital Ethics Committee at Regional Hospital IMSS No. 1 (Mexican Social Security Institute, Baja California area).
February 2012 – current
Chief of Emergency Room Department of Surgery at Regional Hospital IMSS No. 1 (Baja California area)
February 2010 – current
Staff Surgeon, General Surgery Department at IMSS No. 1 of the Mexican Social Security Institute.
January 2009 – December 2012
Staff Physician, Surgery Trauma and Critical Care Department of Red Cross Hospital, Tijuana Baja California.
January 2009 – December 2010
Program Coordinator at Dr. Juan Lopez Corvalá, Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery Fellowship.
June 2008 – February 2012
Chief Surgeon, Department of Surgery in General Hospital of Playas de Rosarito.
Join us on Facebook
for best tips on how to sustain a healthy weight in your daily life...
© Copyright 2017 BariatricPal MX LLC