Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon, Bariatric Surgeon, Oasis Hospital
All the information you need to know:
Dr. Ponce comes to you with 20 years of laparoscopic surgery experience and is recognized as one of the top bariatric surgeons in northern Mexico, and is well known and respected amongst his peers.
Significant experience and distinction
Dr. Jaime Ponce De Leon is certified in Mexico. He received his Medical Doctor Degree in 1991 from Saint Nicholas University in the Mexican State of Hidalgo as a General Surgeon. He completed a 4 year residency in Tijuana’s General Hospital where he obtained his specialty as a gastroenterologist surgeon. He got his certification from the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery in 1997. Dr. Ponce De Leon started Bariatric Surgery with Laparoscopy in 1998 when he got his Certification from the Mexican Association of General Surgeons.
He is recognized as one of the best bariatric surgeons in North Western Mexico. He later learned various techniques from courses he took in the United States and France. He received authorization to perform Obesity Surgery with Gastric Bypass and Lap-Band from the Mexican Society of Obesity Surgeons in 2004 after having received formal training and authorization in 2001 directly from Bio Centrics Corporation.
Dr. Ponce De Leon continues to improve his studies in obesity surgeries adding Gastric Sleeve and Gastric Plications over the last several years. Dr. Ponce De Leon is currently Chief Surgeon at various Baja Hospitals, and Mexico Extreme Makeover.
- Specialized Training in Lap-Band Surgery
- Bariatric Course in Leon Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Advanced Course in Esophagus Endoscopic Surgery in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- Postgraduate: Hospital General de Tijuana SSA.
- 1993 - 1988 Faculty of Medicine DR. IGNACIO CHAVEZ (UMSNH), Morelia, Michoacán.
- 1988 - 1989 CIVIL HOSPITAL DR. MIGUEL SILVA (SSA) Michoacan
- 1989 - 1990 CSR Zapata, MUNICIPALITY OF Puruandiro, MICHOACAN.
- 1992 - 1995 GENERAL SURGERY MEDICAL SPECIALTY HOSPITAL GENERAL DE TIJUANA B. C. SSA.
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery.
- Mexican Association of General Surgery.
- Medical College of Tijuana A.C 1992.
- College of General Surgeons of Tijuana Baja California.
Join us on Facebook
for best tips on how to sustain a healthy weight in your daily life...
© Copyright 2017 BariatricPal MX LLC